What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is the male sex hormone. Although found in the bodies of both men and women, it is what makes a man look, feel, and act more manly. In women, the level of testosterone in their bodies plays a significantly reduced role especially when compared to estrogen. That’s why you don’t see those typical manly features appearing on their body. In more basic terms, testosterone is the male sex hormone that is required for the overall sexual and reproductive development of men.
What is Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
Testosterone is an important hormone for men, and it actually influences and affects many different parts of a man’s overall well-being. A testosterone deficiency can cause something called Hypogonadism. Men who suffer from this problem have very little strength, almost no enthusiasm, feel tired constantly, poor concentration and very low sex drive. Such men need to increase their testosterone levels to help them get better. This is usually done in consultation with the doctor and is known as Testosterone Replacement Therapy. It includes the use of doctor prescribed gels, testosterone patches, testosterone injections, etc. Tremendous improvement has been noticed in patients suffering from Hypogonadism after going through testosterone replacement therapy.
What are Testosterone Boosters?
A testosterone booster is a natural supplement made of one or more ingredients that have been studied and scientifically proven to help the body produce more of its own testosterone – naturally. These are mostly used by older men, athletes and body builders to increase libido, energy and stamina or to focus on building muscle mass and increase strength. Natural testosterone boosters are meant to help you get the desired sex drive and sculpted body as well as improve your overall health and well-being. All the things in a man’s body where testosterone plays an integral role are all the reasons why men gravitate to testosterone boosters.
What’s The Difference Between Testosterone Replacement Therapy and Testosterone Boosters?
The main points of difference between testosterone replacement therapy and testosterone boosters are:
- Testosterone boosters are designed to facilitate the production of more testosterone by a man in his own body rather than having external testosterone put into his body.
- Testosterone replacement therapy is an exogenous treatment under the medical supervision of a doctor in which outside or foreign testosterone is introduced into the male body.
- Test boosters are not prescription drugs whereas replacement therapy is –testosterone boosters are available over the counter and require no prescription and supervision from a doctor.
- In case of testosterone replacement therapy, a doctor’s supervision is a must and only the method advised by them can be utilized for the therapy. Usage of doctor prescribed method is to be followed as per their instructions only.
- Replacement therapy is specifically prescribed for the medical condition of Hypogonadism, whereas testosterone boosters can be used by any man for a variety symptomatic reasons which all lead back to the real or perceived notion that they need more testosterone in their body.
- Comparatively speaking, testosterone boosters are a much cheaper route to explore than testosterone replacement therapy. Testosterone replacement therapy is a costly procedure as it requires concentrated doses of expensive external sources of testosterone. Also, since it’s an actual medical condition, it requires the assistance of a qualified doctor as well. Therefore, the overall cost of replacement therapy is quite high by comparison.
- Boosters will also take a bit longer to exhibit results whereas replacement therapy will demonstrate almost immediate positive results. Testosterone boosters are to be taken over a period of time before one sees real results. That’s because you are re-equipping your body with what it needs so that it can generate more of its own natural testosterone for the results to show. Click here for more information.
- Testosterone replacement therapy may get more dramatic results more quickly however, there’s a fair amount of news about the side effects of replacement therapy. There has been particular attention to men on replacement therapy having higher incident rates of heart attacks, strokes, and even death. Not to mention the fact that one you go on replacement therapy, you have sent a signal to your body that it doesn’t need to produce more testosterone on its own and it shuts down its own production, so if or when you decide to go off of the therapy, your body will produce even less testosterone now since it shut down its own production while getting therapy. So be prepared – if you start testosterone replacement therapy, you’re probably going to have to stay on it.